Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Day 13 - Fun in the Sun

The weather has been absolutely perfect.  Clear skies and 80 deg temps.  The beach comes alive on the weekends as people come in from the city to hang out at their cabins.  Woke to the view I never get tired of - Olympic mountains framed by water.  The girls started the morning by picking cherries from the trees my parents planted.  Dad created an elaborate fence around the trees to keep the deer away and put copious amounts of mardis-gras beads on the branches to keep the birds away.

My Cousin John and his wife AnnaJo and newborn Toby came down.  They brought their boat.  My Cousin Andrea and her husband Rod and their kids were here as well as my Uncle Bill and Aunt Donna and of course the reason for all of us, my 92 year old grandmother, was at the center of it all.  Rod manned the grill and whipped up excellent Salmon steaks and my Uncle provided freshly caught crab.  Donna and Andrea are masters at feeding large groups of people and had prepared dishes of food,  nobody went hungry.

We saw a bald eagle pull something out of the water and fly back to its nest.  Several Eagle families have taken up residence around the bay and I hope to see more of them while we are here.

These girls are ready for action!
The kids enjoyed the bay.  There was tubing, knee boarding, playing on the raft, jumping off the dock, and kayaking.  It was cool to watch another generation do the things I use to do when I spent
summers here.  My kids have already done things that I didn't work up the nerve to do until I was several years older than they are. Some things have changed.  We used to have jellyfish fights, they have water balloon fights (The little moon jellyfish don't come around anymore - I wonder why :).
rafts, kayaks, oh my.
Girls and a beach friend ready to tube 

Working up the nerve to jump.
 Seems higher when you are up there.






No comments: